Thursday, December 1, 2011

You Can Do It!!!

Hello There!

I had to take a little bit of a break from blogging to really focus myself. I was writing a lot about getting myself together, but I really needed to wait patiently for a breakthrough to share as well. This week it happened! I am reading a book about change, and it says that you have to "direct the path" that you want to lead yourself or others into change. My goal was to read the Bible more often, but I didn't have a set time that I devoted to reading the Bible. So I told myself, I will set my alarm to 5:15am and when that alarm goes off I will use it for my devotions and when my phone goes off at 5:45, that means its time to get ready for work. 

I found that the 30 minutes of time really helped me first find additional energy in the morning, but also gave me things to think about for the remainder of the day related to what I read. My personal goal was to dedicate more time to the Lord and really start to get into his Word. I hope I can continue to wake up early and make time for God. 

During this break, I also have been able to reflect on myself personally and professionally. I am learning that to be a "Virtuous Woman" is not just to sit and be pretty, but it is really to be the glue that keeps her family together. I thought I was ready for relationships and eventually marriage, but after going through this Bible Study on the Proverbs 31 woman I know I have SOOOOOOO far to go! The great thing about getting closer to God is that he keeps you in the meantime. He puts people around you to encourage you daily. 

Today I was unsure about what I can really accomplish as little ol me, and a colleague told me that I am going to be a future COO or CEO. What strong words to say! I thought to myself, does she really see all that in me? What I have to remember is that God brings people around to speak into your life. You really have to believe and have faith that your potential is limitless and you can go to extraordinary heights with God pushing you up and forward. 

Whatever your goal is, whether its trying to set a habit of reading the Bible everyday or to be a company executive, it can happen. It is all possible. Just keep God on your side and you will be QUITE alright!

Love, 

Brenda

No comments:

Post a Comment