Sunday, October 30, 2011

Moment of Clarity


Okay. I will be extremely honest with you all today. Last Monday, I looked myself in the mirror in a fitting room and cried. I didn’t like the way I looked in the clothes, I didn’t like the way I looked. PERIOD. I put the clothes on the rack and walked to my car and just cried. I ended up at the gym. That was something I know I could fix. I can look better with a little time at the gym.

Over the week I spent more time investing into my body. I found things that I could eat to make healthier choices. I found some clothes that flatter me. I spent some more time at the gym, and I talked to a few people for exercise advice. All of these things are just a part of me trying to make some changes so that I don’t look at myself with disgust when I try on clothes.

Today, I thought about how I do a lot of things and think a lot of things that are damaging to my soul. But when I have that moment of clarity, I don’t hurry and run to my Bible or talk to others that are deeper in the Word to help me through my struggles. I just struggle and let it be.

Yes, I’m making steps like showing up to what my church calls “Learning Zone” at 9am on Sunday and staying for service at 10:30. I know that’s not enough. I’ve been delaying finding someone who is in Christ but still in that early 30 range to candidly talk to about the REAL things that are going on in my life.

God is so good and he sees the mistakes I make before I make them. He knows that right now there are a few things this week that I’m going to do that probably aren’t the BEST ideas… BUT he still loves me.
I would really like for those of you who read this blog to really look at yourself in the mirror and look into your soul. So you go to church, what is something EXTRA you can do to thank God for allowing you to breathe today? What kind of praise can you give Him for allowing you to have a place to stay or a job that pays your bills? Can you read one scripture this week? Can you pray for people other than yourself? What steps can you take to make sure that when you look yourself in the mirror again, you see a better person?

Believe me, this week I will be doing the SAME thing.

Love,

BK

No comments:

Post a Comment