Monday, October 3, 2011

I have decided to be 'Handcuffed' To God

Over the last few weeks, I have felt God’s nudge to me to spend more time with Him. I know he wants my attention, but I have been focused on a lot of things other than Him. Well finally, God has sent me the OBVIOUS message that it is time to let some things *AHEM* -- people go from my life and put Him first.

So I’m sure you all know its CUFFING SEASON!! If you don’t know what that is, it’s when you meet someone around October and spend time with them all winter and then when the spring comes… it either works out or it doesn’t. You just had someone to spend your lonely winter nights with and get to play the field in the spring and summer. Last year, I definitely participated in cuffing season and it didn’t lead to anything but heartache and pain.

This winter I have decided to spend cuffing season with God. I want to get to know Him better and know what He wants from me and what my purpose in life is. My prayer is that at the end of this “season” my relationship with God will work out and I will see things a lot clearer and know my worth.

I am going to be blogging periodically about my struggles and triumphs through my process of my budding relationship with God. Hopefully, writing this blog will make me more accountable for my decision and bless others who are in similar situations. I know it definitely won’t be easy, and I’m sure I will stumble at some point, but I have faith that my life will be transformed immensely.

With Love,

BK

No comments:

Post a Comment