Monday, October 3, 2011

Where Do I Start??

It’s really easy to say that I am going to dedicate more of my time and life to God. The hardest part is doing it. I woke up this morning really thinking about how messed up everything is and was really upset about a situation I let myself go through. I think the worst part was that I KNEW this outcome was inevitable. God will definitely let you get hurt when you go against His will.

A few months ago I started reading Crazy Love by Francis Chan, but I really wasn’t giving it the time and effort it deserved (i.e. reading it on the Metro in the morning… yea like that’s going to work). I decided to start the book again, with my Bible in hand in a quiet place. This book is really about falling in love with God and really just becoming overwhelmed by him. After reading the first chapter [again], I really realized that God has been telling me for months to leave the old situation alone and let Him bring me a Man of God that He created just for me. He is a great enough God to make anything happen. I can take one look outside and see the beauty of this world and be convinced that God is amazing. Is having a man all I want? No, there are a lot of other things I want as well, but this blog will mostly focus on my relationship with God becoming more important than my relationships with imperfect people.

So again, it is easy to say that I will trust in God to put the right people in my life. I know how I am. I HATE being alone. I like having a guy to talk to or call or text whenever I want to. I love attention from guys. This process will definitely be hard for me because instead of acting on my own, I have to wait for God’s sign that I can let someone in my life.

The first step to spending “cuffing season” with God for me is to admit my shortcomings to God and pray that He will help me get over them. I let a lot of things happen that I am not proud of, but instead of dwelling in my mistakes and staying upset at HUMANS, I have to allow God to work through me.

So I guess I will start from there…


For your reading pleasure: Crazy Love by Francis Chan http://crazylovebook.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment